Terms & Conditions, Showbiz Drive-In Ballarat
Terms & Conditions
This website (this site) is operated by Showbiz Group Pty Ltd ABN 37 162 067 156 on behalf of Showbiz Cinemas Ballarat Pty Ltd ABN 39 613 641 302, Swan Hill Cinemas Pty Ltd ABN 52 166 194 190 & Showbiz Enterprises Pty Ltd ABN 49 132 255 522 trading as SHOWBIZ CINEMAS.
This site is made available solely for access from places in Australia and to users ordinarily resident in Australia.
The following Terms govern your use of this site and any order or purchase of a product or ticket (Product) from this site.
Who may use this site
Children under the age of 16 may not purchase any Product on this site. If you are under the age of 16 and would like to purchase a Product on this site, please ask your parent or guardian for permission to assist you in this.
Access and Use
You must not use this site, or any in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or contrary to and of these Terms.
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS reserves the right to reject in its absolute discretion any order you place to purchase a Product, or to deny access to this site, for any conduct that SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, in its sole discretion, believes may breach the law or any of these Terms.
Content on this site, such as graphics, logos and film clips, information, text, material, software or advertisements, (Content) is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law.
Content on the site must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded to anyone else, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided for on the site, or as expressly authorised in writing by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS or its affiliates. Strictly on the condition that you keep the content intact and in the same form as presented on the network, you may download and view the content for your personal and non commercial use.
Your Personal Information and Privacy
Tickets are also made available subject to the classification of the relevant film given by Australian Classification. By purchasing a ticket, you represent that you are of an age permitted to purchase a ticket pursuant to the relevant classification for the film. Unless otherwise stated all transactions are denoted in Australian dollars.
PRODUCT TERMS & USE
This section contains the terms and conditions governing the purchase and subsequent use of the Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) for associated goods or services from Showbiz Cinemas Ballarat Pty Ltd ABN 39 613 641 302 and Swan Hill Cinemas Pty Ltd ABN 52 166 194 190 trading as SHOWBIZ CINEMAS.
1. Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) discount ticket price is only valid on nominated ordinary sessions. It may be excluded on Event Screenings or Packaged Event Screenings.
2. Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) are sold for a retail value and provide each purchaser with a 12-month membership.
3. Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) benefits are only valid at Showbiz Cinemas Ballarat and Swan Hill. They are not valid for use at any other Showbiz Cinemas location. The associated benefits and discount offers provided with each Membership may vary from Showbiz Cinemas location to location and associated prices and other offers may be varied at any time without notice.
4. Membership(s) are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase upon sign up and as such the Membership will cease to operate after this period has expired. Memberships will have their validity automatically extended for the same period of time where cinema operations are not possible.
5. A valid Showbiz Cinemas(s) email address or Membership Card must be Entered when purchasing online or presented to receive the respective offers that are available at the Customer Service Counter. Members are required to sign the signature panel on the back of their respective card and may be requested to present photographic identification to verify themselves as being the current member upon demand.
6. Any lost or stolen cards should be reported to our Customer Service staff. A replacement card fee of $5.50 incl GST will apply for each re-issued card with the lost one being immediately cancelled.
7. Any Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) can only be used once in any (1) hour period and our point of sale system will identify and decline any Showbiz Cinemas Card(s)which attempts to breach this policy.
8. It is any member’s responsibility to notify Showbiz Cinemas of a change of address or other contact information has changed e.g. new email address.
9. Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s) remain the property of Showbiz Cinemas at all times. Any misuse or breach of these terms and conditions may lead to the applicable membership being cancelled with no refund on initial retail purchase being provided.
10. You will be required to provide Personal Information to Showbiz Cinemas as part of the application process to obtain your Showbiz Cinemas Membership(s). If you do not provide that Personal Information to Showbiz Cinemas, Showbiz Cinemas will not be able to complete your membership or offer you the associated offers, goods or services.
12. Employees of Showbiz Cinemas and its related bodies corporate are entitled to become members of the Membership Program, but are not entitled to enter any competitions or similar activities where there may be a potential conflict of interest.
13. Showbiz Cinemas will use its reasonable endeavours to maintain the security of any Personal Information that you provide. However, Showbiz Cinemas cannot give an absolute assurance that the information you provide to us will be secure at all times and customers who elect to purchase and become part of the Membership program do so on this understanding.
14. Showbiz Cinemas may elect to share some of its Showbiz Cinemas Membership information to other external companies or organisations to further enhance the offers to the membership and for commercially beneficial reasons.
15. Further information relating to our privacy statement can be found at www.showbizcinemas.com.au
16. All retail prices, associated benefits and offers are current as of November 1st, 2019 and may be subject to change without notice.
17. The Member's Free Ticket cannot be redeemed on any Member's Events such as "Member's Previews", "Girls Night Out", any other listed Members Exclusive Event(s) or any screenings listed as "Special Event" or "Event"; as these must be a paid ticket entry at the respective advertised ticket price. This also includes Showbiz Cinemas "Drive-In" screenings.
18. Any correspondence relating to the Showbiz Cinemas Membership program should be directed to the Marketing Co-ordinator, Showbiz Cinemas PO Box 525w Ballarat West VIC 3350.
Standard Gift Card, Movie Money & Complimentary Passes Terms and Conditions - these apply to all physical Cards, Movie Money and Complimentary passes issued.
Specific terms and conditions may also apply to your voucher in addition to these Standard Terms and Conditions – be sure to check the Specific Terms and Conditions below these Standard Terms and Conditions.
Each Card, Movie Money or Complimentary Pass must be exchanged at the Customer Service Counter for your ticket.
Each Movie Money or Complimentary Pass is redeemable for one (1) general admission ticket for either one (1) adult, one (1) senior (60 years & over), one (1) student (with valid student ID) or one (1) concessions with valid current health care card, one (1) child (15 years & under) as marked on the voucher:
- for any 3D movie session with an upgrade fee, which will be applied at time of redemption
- and is valid until the expiry date indicated and cannot be exchanged, extended or replaced after this date.
Each Movie Money or Complimentary Pass cannot be:
- redeemed for SHOWBIZ CINEMAS special or group events
- upgraded to SHOWBIZ CINEMAS special or group events
- used to purchase 3D glasses. 3D glasses must be purchased separately at an additional cost
- used in conjunction with any other offer
- replaced or refunded if lost, stolen or damaged
- used to purchase any pre-paid gift vouchers or movie money
- exchanged for cash and change will not be given irrespective of cinema pricing
- sold without the prior written consent of SHOWBIZ CINEMAS. Gift Cards stored value can be redeemed for the equivalent dollar amount of ticket or candy bar purchases and can be redeemed in person at the Customer Service Counter or Online Purchase Portal.
Conditions of Entry Policy
BY PURCHASING A TICKET, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND AT ALL TIMES TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO THE PREMISES:
TICKET REQUIRED FOR ALL PATRONS – All patrons over the age of three years must have a valid ticket which must be kept on their person at all times. Patrons may be required to produce this ticket for inspection by cinema staff.
ONE TICKET – ONE SEAT – One ticket entitles one patron to one seat. Infants or children under three years of age admitted without a ticket may occupy a seat if the cinema is not full unless that seat is required by a cinema ticket holder. If the cinema is full, infants or children under three years of age admitted without a ticket must be accommodated on a ticket-holding patron’s lap. If the cinema is full, personal items e.g. coats, bags etc must be placed on a ticket-holding patron’s lap.
AGE-RATED TICKET PURCHASE – Photo I.D. is required as proof of age for MA15+ and R18+ rated ticket sales. For student and concession discounts, a valid student or concession card must be produced in order to receive the discount. For seniors ticket discounts, a valid Government issued Seniors Card must be produced.
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS MAY REFUSE ENTRY – SHOWBIZ CINEMAS management reserves the right to refuse entry to the premises.
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS MAY REMOVE PATRONS – SHOWBIZ CINEMAS management reserves the right to request patrons leave the premises should they breach any of these conditions of entry. No refund will be provided to any patron who is removed from the premises.
PLEASE CONSIDER OTHERS – Patrons must refrain from talking or engaging in other behaviour during the movie that may disturb fellow patrons.
MOBILE PHONES MUST BE OFF – Mobile phones must be turned off or in silent mode at all times in all cinemas. The use of mobile phones is permitted in main foyer areas.
RECORDING FILMS IS A CRIME – SHOWBIZ CINEMAS takes the prevention of illegal recording of films seriously and no electronic equipment is permitted in cinemas. Recording or attempting to record films is a serious criminal offence and SHOWBIZ CINEMAS will report all suspected offenders to police for prosecution.
PRAMS & STROLLERS – Baby prams / strollers may be taken into cinemas, however must be positioned in designated wheelchair areas and they must not be left in aisles or exits. Please note that wheelchair users have priority over the use of designated wheelchair areas. Staff may direct prams or strollers to be positioned elsewhere to accommodate wheelchair patrons.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & INSPECTION OF BAGS – SHOWBIZ CINEMAS management reserves the right to inspect any bag at any time on the premises. No alcohol, bottles, cans, aerosols, glass, outside food or beverages, laser pointers, large bags, personal stereos, electronic equipment, rollerblades, bicycles, scooters or skateboards are permitted on SHOWBIZ CINEMAS premises unless otherwise advised. Mobile phones are permitted as per the above guidelines.
PERSONAL BELONGINGS & SECURITY – For security reasons we recommend that all personal belongings be kept with each patron at all times. SHOWBIZ CINEMAS does not accept responsibility for any losses incurred.
VIDEO SURVEILLANCE & SILENT ALARMS MAY BE IN USE – For the safety and security of patrons and staff, recorded video surveillance & silent alarms may be in use at all times in all locations on our premises.
NO SMOKING VENUE – In accordance with applicable laws, and out of consideration for our patrons and staff, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS premises are strictly smoke free. Smoking is not permitted under any circumstances.
FEET DO NOT BELONG ON SEATS – Please refrain from putting feet on seats or railings.
DRESS APPROPRIATELY – Neat, casual dress including footwear is the minimum standard required at all times.
Membership, Gift Cards, Movie Money and Complimentary Passes
Prepaid Gift Cards and Movie Money cannot be replaced or refunded if lost, stolen or damaged.
Membership, Prepaid Gift Cards and Movie Money cannot be refunded and change will not be given irrespective of cinema pricing.
Prepaid Gift Cards and Movie Money cannot be exchanged for cash.
If a receipt is presented, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to offering a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused. If a refund is provided it will be issued using your original payment method, unless payment was made with cash, in which case a gift card will be issued with the relevant amount.
If a receipt is not presented, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund.
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS is not obliged to offer a refund if you change your mind.
If a receipt is presented, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS may exchange products of equal value (only if stock is available at that location) if:
- the goods are the wrong size or colour;
- sew in labels are still attached;
- the product is in its original packaging, including instructions manuals and all accessories, where applicable;
- the item is unworn, unused and as sold.
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS will use all reasonable endeavours to send online purchased Gift Cards and Movie Money to remote clients based on the physical address details provided by “the purchaser”. Australia Post is used as the shipping agent and SHOWBIZ CINEMAS accepts no liability nor provide any warranty for successful delivery of any shipped goods. The purchaser accepts any associated risk of delayed delivery, damage or loss of the purchased products and acknowledges that SHOWBIZ CINEMAS will not be liable to provide any refund or replacement gift vouchers, movie money or other product in the event they are not successfully delivered.
In the event a purchase does not arrive within 7 business days from date or purchase; the purchaser should immediately contact SHOWBIZ CINEMAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links and Advertisements
This site includes links to other websites (Linked Websites). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, those websites are not controlled by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS. By using those links, you acknowledge and agree:
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS is not responsible for the availability of, or in relation to, content located on or through a Linked Website; inclusion of a Linked Website on this site does not imply any endorsement of the Linked Website by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS or its affiliates or their respective directors and employees; and you link to any Linked Website at your own risk. To the extent that this site contains or links an advertisement by anyone other than SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, including referral buttons and embedded hyperlinks, (Third Party Advertisement) any such advertisement is paid for by the relevant advertiser and does not represent a recommendation or endorsement by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS or its affiliates or their respective directors or employees. Where a Third Party Advertisement contains offers of products by an advertiser, you may be permitted to accept that offer by linking to a Linked Website and executing the relevant transaction. Such product offers are not made by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, and the third party supplier is solely responsible to you for the delivery to you of any product or service you purchase at a Linked Website.
Important Limitations of SHOWBIZ CINEMAS' Liability
The Trade Practices Act and similar State and Territory Legislation in Australia may confer certain non-excludable rights and remedies on you in relation to access to or use of this site and provision of a Product (Consumer Rights).
SHOWBIZ CINEMAS does not exclude any Consumer Rights, but does exclude all other conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute. Subject to any Consumer Rights you may have, all Content is provided as is and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Without limiting any other Term or Consumer Right, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS and its suppliers do not warrant that this site or any Content, or any contribution by a Member in the Forum, is fit for a particular purpose or of merchantable quality; that any Content or your access to this site will be uninterrupted or error-free; that any defects in this site or Content will be corrected; that this site or the server which stores and transmits Content to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components; or the results of your access to, this site (including any related or Linked Website) or any Content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise.
Without limiting any other Term or Consumer Right, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS and its affiliates or directors or officers exclude liability for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or loss of business or profits, which results from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, this site or any Content.
Subject to any Consumer Rights you may have, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS' liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition is limited to any of the following, at SHOWBIZ CINEMAS' option:
in the case of services supplied or offered by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, in the following order, the supply of the services again or the payment of the cost of having services supplied again; and in the case of goods supplied or offered by SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, in the following order, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of such goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent.
Your personal information is important to us
We are subject to the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We respect the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to make your own choices about how your personal information is collected and used. We know that when you provide personal information to us you are showing your trust and we take that seriously.
You have no obligation to provide any information requested by us. However, if you choose to withhold your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services or products that depend on the collection and use of that information.
How and what personal information do we collect
We collect your personal information for the SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Services in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you through our website purchases, Membership sign-up and SHOWBIZ CINEMAS mobile application and telephone conversations and email correspondence;
- from third parties including our partners, suppliers and public authorities.
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- your email address, name, address, date of birth and what movies you prefer;
- information about your use of our products and services in order to customise our service and make them as interesting as possible for you.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
(a) Primary purpose for collecting your personal information
Our purpose in collecting this information is to assist us to provide product and service information tailored to your interests and to provide you with a customised experience across the whole range of SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Services.
(b) Use and disclosure of your personal information
We will use or disclose your personal information for our primary purpose of providing you product and service information tailored to your interests and to provide you with a customised experience across the whole range of SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Services.
We may also use your personal information to send you marketing information and advertisements about products and services which we think are likely to be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving any further marketing or advertising material from us, please email us at email@example.com, or, for electronic messages, click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the messages we send you.
From time to time, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS conducts competition on its website. When we run these competitions, we may also give you the choice of being on a mailing list to receive further contact from us. Unless you choose to receive further communications from SHOWBIZ CINEMAS, the information we collect from your entry in the competition is not used for any purposes other than for the competition.
(c) To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We provide your personal information to a third-party marketing company which aggregates and de-identifies the information and provide us with report that assist us in marketing the SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Services. We share these transactional information reports with advertisers to ensure only relevant advertisements are provided to you.
COVID-19 Use of Private Information: Where directed by the Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services, we will provide all customer “contact tracing” we have collected for the relevant period of time which will include the customers name, phone number, email address and film session and seat numbers they made any purchase for and potentially attended.
We may also share your personal information with a service partner (such as auditors, lawyers, couriers, computer security companies and hosting services) or a company or person related to us, for example, a related body corporate, a common shareholder or someone with whom we share some common commercial interest. To the extent that these service partners, companies or persons are located in Australia and we give them access to your personal information, they are subject to privacy legislation which prevents them from using the information for any other purposes.
We may also disclose your personal information to our overseas service providers which have servers located in various international countries such as but not limited to New Zealand and the United States of America. We require the overseas service provider to handle your personal information in accordance with Australian privacy principles. We remain committed to safeguarding your personal information.
We will not otherwise use, disclose or share your personal information with a third party without your consent, unless:
- required by the law;
- we believe on reasonable grounds that disclosure is required to prevent or lessen significant risk to the life or physical, mental or emotional health of the consumer or another person;
- we take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities;
- disclosure is required to assist any entity, body or person to locate a person who has been reported as missing;
- disclosure is made for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending a legal or equitable claim; or
- disclosure is made for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
We use Google Analytics (including Google Remarketing) which uses both first party and third-party cookies to record standard internet traffic information such as when, and how many times, you have visited our site. We and some third parties (including Google) also use the information from the cookies to optimize ad selection for groups of individuals based on age, gender, interests and past visits to our site. The cookies also allow us and other third parties to evaluate your interactions with ad services on our site. We have enabled Google Analytics for Display Advertising which allows Google and other third parties to advertise to you on our site, you can opt out of this feature through Google Ads Settings.
Importantly, we do not combine the anonymous information collected through Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
You can access and correct the personal information we keep about you
If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to access your record by visiting your SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Rewards page on our website. To correct personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, please visit SHOWBIZ CINEMAS.com.au and change your registration information accordingly.
Alternatively, you can access or correct your personal information by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out below. Please provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you wish to access or correct, in order to help us retrieve it. We may charge you an access fee to cover our costs of providing that information to you. We will inform you of applicable fees before they are incurred.
In certain circumstances, such as where there is a criminal inquiry, we may refuse your request to access, or correct, your personal information. If that is the case, we will provide you with reasons for that decision unless it is unreasonable to do so.
We take reasonable steps to make sure that personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant.
If you wish to delete the personal information we hold about you, please let us know by changing your registration information for SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Rewards on the website, or by contacting us using the ‘Contact Details’ set out below and we will take reasonable steps to delete the information, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Storage and security of your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, access to your personal information is restricted within SHOWBIZ CINEMAS to employees who have specific authorisation to access such information.
We continually endeavour to improve our security safeguards. However, no data transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be perfectly secure, so we cannot absolutely promise that the information you provide to us using the internet will always be totally secure.
Links to other websites
We provides links to websites that are owned and/or operated by third parties. The linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
We will not make it mandatory for visitors to our websites to provide Personal Information unless such information is needed to provide you with a service such as SHOWBIZ CINEMAS Rewards.
We provide you with the option of transacting with us on anonymous basis or through a pseudonym where it is lawful and practicable to do so.
What to do if you wish to make a complaint or have a query
If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which we handle your personal information, or would like to access or correct your personal information, please write to Customer Service, SHOWBIZ CINEMAS C/- PO Box 402 CROYDON VIC 3136 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We endeavour to respond to complaints within 14 days of their receipt. If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Australian Information (Privacy) Commissioner (see www.oaic.gov.au).